Sing along with these busy little penguins who have a big day out!
Ruby Rhyme Download Includes:
- 5 Little Penguins Rhyme Card
- 5 Penguins (approx 10cm tall)
Preschoolers love a joke - here's two about penguins to share with them at mat time:
Why do penguins carry fish in their beaks? ....... Because they don't have pockets!
What do penguins order for lunch? ...... Icebergers!
About the Yellow-eyed Penguin
- The Yellow-eyed Penguin or Hoiho in Maori is native to New Zealand and features on our $5 note along with Sir Edmund Hillary.
- It is an endangered species, with approximately 450 breeding pairs remaining on Mainland New Zealand with other populations found on the sub-Antarctic islands of Campbell and Auckland (1992 estimates were 1200-1600 breeding pairs).
- Considered to be one of the world's rarest penguin species, and the most ancient of all living penguins.
- If your early childhood centre is learning about animals native to New Zealand or specifically the Yellow-eyed Penguin its worth visiting the Yellow-eyed Penguin Trust website for more information
Resources from the Ruby Rhymes Collection are smaller than the Ordinary Magnet Rhyme Category. Sizes = rhyme card approx: 14cm x 9.5cm pictures in an average Ruby rhyme as approx 10xm x 8cm depending upon the shape.